//some 3rd party need geo

win xp pro cannot install to serial ata hdd

FormatKing 00:40 05 Nov 04

Hi Guys

A while back I planned to build my own system and bought a full version win x p pro.
After revewing several mbd's and related problems I decided to play safe and bought a dell 4800 sys xp hme P4 3.2 ghz 160 gig serial ata hdd.
when I booted up new sys there was alot of trial ware and sys was locking up .
so I decided to wipe hdd and install xp pro I had purchased.
but xp pro does not recognise serial ata hdd
is there a boot download I can run or would making a win xp pro + service pack 1 cd recognise the serial ata drive
or does anyone have a better solution
thanks

SANTOS7 00:47 05 Nov 04

click here this may help,good luck........

bch8132311 00:48 05 Nov 04

Hi formatking I built my system and had a similar problem but you need to find out what serial ata driver is being used on your board copy it to a floppy and when you install XP and the blue screen and writing appears you need to press F6 to install the sata driver when it asks for additional driver you insert floppy and load the driver before the operating system once the driver is installed the operating system will load fully........hope this helps.

Brian

FormatKing 09:40 06 Nov 04

thanks for response Santos and bch Sorry for delay getting back it seems I have to get drivers for sata hdd are there generic ones or must I use specific drivers and how do I extract from mbd
thanks again

Mr Mistoffelees 09:46 06 Nov 04

Probably best to get SATA drivers supplied by your motherboard manufacturer. If that is not possible get drivers from your hdd manufacturer. In either case make sure they are WHQL certified or Windows may refuse to work with them during the Windows install process.

FormatKing 09:50 06 Nov 04

I didnt get detailed spec from Dell as to mbd or hdd so will check on their website and see if I can get info there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…