WIN XP - Not recognising CD-RW Drive

Daddo 13:13 01 Feb 03

WIN XP reads drive E: and contents of CD-RW disks, but it will not let me copy files to it.

When I try WIN XP tells me that there is no disc.

Any suggestions to how I can fix this?

Thanks.

AragornUK 14:03 01 Feb 03

Try opening My Computer and right clicking on your CD-R drive, then click properties. The last tab across the top says 'Recording' Check to see that the 'Enable CD Recording On This Drive'check box is ticked.

If it's not, tick it and try again. If it is, post back and we'll try again.

Daddo 14:15 01 Feb 03

I've already tried that thanks. Currently I'm going to uninstall Easy CD + Win XP Patch and then reinstall - maybe that will sort it.

Thanks for responding though.

AragornUK 14:19 01 Feb 03

Ah....that could be your problem. I'm sure I had a similar problem when I installed Easy CD (especially with Direct CD)

The XP CD writing engine is based on the Adeptecone, so I think there's a conflict issue with the two on at once. I gave up with Easy CD in the end........

Daddo 14:56 01 Feb 03

EASY CD is working now. I think the problem came after I had instaled the SP1 for Win XP. But you're right there is a compatibilty problem. It's just I've got used to Direct CD after using it with out any problem on Win 98 SE. I suppose I'll have to get used to Nero? Or is there some way of not using Win XP to write to CD-RW disks and pass control over to Easy CD?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…