Win XP & New Hardware

KW2K 13:16 06 Apr 03

Hi All, What i want to know is, if i add new hardware ie Hard drive or video card to a new pc with Win XP installed, do i need some kind of activation code from MS to get my pc working again ? I've heard you need this after a number of additional upgrades ? Any truth in this ? I want to add in an additional Hard Drive and Video editing Card from my old pc to my new pc. Any Comments on this much appreciated.

Djohn 13:28 06 Apr 03

If it helps, I upgraded, graphic card + mem. and monitor. No reactivation was asked for, but as to just how far you can go, without re-activation, I don't know.

But it is a simple matter, carried out over the internet, or phone. J.

rct 13:29 06 Apr 03

You *may need* to reactivate Windows, XP Home seems to be more insistent than Professional. If you have a network card installed and this isn't moved/changed then you'll hardly ever have to reactivate. In any case it's a simple process that only takes a couple of minutes over the phone (to a freephone number).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…