Win XP & New Hardware

KW2K 13:16 06 Apr 03

Hi All, What i want to know is, if i add new hardware ie Hard drive or video card to a new pc with Win XP installed, do i need some kind of activation code from MS to get my pc working again ? I've heard you need this after a number of additional upgrades ? Any truth in this ? I want to add in an additional Hard Drive and Video editing Card from my old pc to my new pc. Any Comments on this much appreciated.

Djohn 13:28 06 Apr 03

If it helps, I upgraded, graphic card + mem. and monitor. No reactivation was asked for, but as to just how far you can go, without re-activation, I don't know.

But it is a simple matter, carried out over the internet, or phone. J.

rct 13:29 06 Apr 03

You *may need* to reactivate Windows, XP Home seems to be more insistent than Professional. If you have a network card installed and this isn't moved/changed then you'll hardly ever have to reactivate. In any case it's a simple process that only takes a couple of minutes over the phone (to a freephone number).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…