Win XP Lost Key !!

meps2526 18:59 28 Mar 04

Upgrading my current PII system. Purchased various bits including Windows XP Home(OEM). But in my haste I (I'll take the blame as the wife never clears up !!!!) have disposed of the sticker with the product key on before I have even had a chance to install. Is there any way I can find out what the key is or would it be easier to get another. Tried M/soft with no help....cheers

billyliv 19:15 28 Mar 04

Hi, Your ONLY option is to purchase XP again. The key should have been adhered to the back of the CD. cheers, Bill

Djohn 19:16 28 Mar 04

Hi meps2526. Sorry, if you've misplaced the key without doing an install then there is no way of obtaining it. If it is already installed then you can. Sorry. j.

Forum Editor 19:27 28 Mar 04

you'll have to re-purchase the software.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:33 28 Mar 04

Phone Microsoft, they seem to be relaxed about this but may ask you to send the disk back first. The registration key can be easily changed but only on a loaded XP system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…