Win XP installation problems

SimpleStevie 23:56 16 Jan 03
  SimpleStevie 23:56 16 Jan 03

I recently decided to make the switch to windows XP. I decided to go for the XP pro option and upgrade my current systems, one of which runs windows 98 SE and the other 2000 Professional. The problem comes when I try and update the OS, half way through the installation process I get an error message saying it can't find viaide.sys and to specify a location, I have no option but to cancel, the installation continues and I get an OS that will not boot up, forcing me to format my hard drive! I have tried several copies of Windows XP pro and all give me the same error about viaide.sys not being found, is there any way I can resolve this?

Hobgoblin2003 00:05 17 Jan 03

This would appear to be a driver file 'viaide.sys' for your HDD. It might be that the driver might not be compatible under windows xp. When installing XP, as part of the installation you can run a system check to see if you may have any compatibility issues with hardware on your system. It might also be worth trying to update the driver with one that runs under XP. Try this site: click here
Hope this gives you a starting point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…