Win XP installation problems

pro driver 21:22 23 Aug 05

Please someone help. I have a system which I am trying to re-install Win XP Home onto I am hitting a few problems. I fully formatted the 160gb HD and the fresh install went fine to the end the problems are that the HD has shrunk in size to around 120gb and also quite a few drivers have failed to install including the on board ethernet card. Any suggestions greatfully recieved I'm going to bed now to rest my head so I won't be able to answer any queries tonight but I will check the responses tomorrow when I'm fresh.
Many Thanks.

howard60 21:32 23 Aug 05

you will need to run the motherboard cd to install the drivers. Windows xp takes about 2.5 GB with sp 2 and you do not ever get the 160GB but 40 missing seems too much. Check that the drive is being correctly recognised in the bios.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 23 Aug 05

(start > run > regedit <enter>) and go to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Parameters there add a new key named "EnableBigLba" , type: "REG_DWORD" and "value 1" (excluding the quotes (")) now restart and your windows will see the true size

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 23 Aug 05

(start > run > regedit <enter>) and go to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Parameters there add a new key named "EnableBigLba" , type: "REG_DWORD" and "value 1" (excluding the quotes (")) now restart and your windows will see the true size

wester john 16:21 07 Jan 06

I have an Acer 1306 notebook, Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB DSRAM, currently running WIN XP + SP2. It is over two years old and running very slowly. Can anyone please tell me what steps I need to take before reinstalling, and how do I reinstall the drivers. The sound is also very 'bitty'.
Thanks.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:32 07 Jan 06

You need to start your own thread rather than hijack another.

wester john 16:55 07 Jan 06

Sorry, I meant to start a new thread - which I have now done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…