Win XP Install Pro Problem

steven_frost 23:07 31 Aug 03

ok have major problem with my desktop for some strange reason while i was using my pc strange errors started to happen so just thinking that it need a reboot i rebooted the system as it rebooted but stopped and rebooted windows then told me that it failed to load so i choose normal it did a scan and a found a problem and removed the file this is were my problem started

i had to reboot and then told me a file with in the system folder was missing and i need to repair it i tryed this but it to found errors so refused to load so i tryed to do a repair this failed so deleted partiton and formated now i'm getting this error STOP: c0000221 UNKNOWN ERROR \SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\NTDLL.DLL

NEED URGENT ADVICE ON THIS COULD IT BE A VIRUS DID HAVE NORTON AV INSTALLED

steven_frost 23:29 31 Aug 03

refresh

jazzypop 23:57 31 Aug 03
  steven_frost 00:07 01 Sep 03

thanks to be honest if it a hardware fault i dont have a clue what it could be i only have a network card and a graphics card everthing else is on board

Ironman556 00:10 01 Sep 03

If you did a full reformat then it is unlikely to be a virus.

Can you boot into safe mode? Getting that far probably means that Windows is all OK, but a program you've put on after loading windows is at fault.

Have you been using the XP CD to reformat etc? You could try formatting with a modified boot disk that will work for XP from click here. You'll have to FDisk, to delete and create a new partition, then Format to FAT32. Then put the XP CD in and it should run setup from there.

*You will lose all data on the drive*

steven_frost 07:40 01 Sep 03

not worried about lossing data all i want is the pc back up and running dont know if this is any thing but just created a 10gb partition scans it and keeps finding problems any ideas please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…