Win XP Home, MS Intellimouse with v5.2 software

Giggle n' Bits 23:05 21 Apr 05

ok, here is a new one on me. New pc running XP Home, NAV 05, Wanadoo BBand with Speedtouch Modem, XP2800 (2.08GHz) 2x 512MB PC2700, Asus A7V8X-X with BIOS 1012. Running DVI TFT, Lexmark 1100 Multi-function printer

Problem: booting into WinXP to desktop and the mouse is froozen. The Keybaord is the M/s Internet PS/2 with MS Intellimouse PS/2.
Keybaord works fine but mouse won't play.

Everything was fine until about 10 mins after putting on my Wanadoo B/Band. Norton didn't detect anything.

All I can think is virus but with not being able to use the mouse how could I scan with Norton O5

And off course any ideas if not a virus welcome. Never seen this problem before. Any help in advance much appreciated.

mole44 08:09 22 Apr 05

had a similar problem,i deletete the drivers for said mouse and restarted the the machine.that seemed to cure it as the drivers were found and reinstalled.hope this helps,i also keep a spare mouse/keyboard to test/replace in case of malfunctions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…