Win XP Home and Lexmark Printer problem

The Transporter 18:04 19 Nov 03

My friend has a Lexmark Color printer model 1020, and XP Home on a Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop.

The problem is the printer will turn on fine, but once the cable between the printer and the laptop is connected into LPT1 the printer turns itself off? Thus the pc doesn't know it is there so we can't install the drivers for it.

I manually installed the drivers, which i got from the Lexmark site and the printer is apparently working fine. Except when they are connected together, the printer turns itself off.

I've gone into the control panel to change bios settings (which i thought was a bit strange) to change the hardware configuration. Theer were two options for the printer port. I tried both. But no luck.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

BarryKeith 19:24 19 Nov 03

Unidriver (system driver) It's at the bottom of the page after all the foreign-language ones and is listed under Colour Jetprinter 1020.

The Transporter 11:53 20 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…