win XP home edition update problems

daisy2bell 16:28 12 Oct 03

When trying to get updates for XP, I constantly get the following message:

"An error occurred while scanning for driver updates. We are not able to display any
updated drivers for your system."

spikeychris 17:36 12 Oct 03

First things first. Check you have the right language input in IE. Shortcut is to press Alt-T, then press O, then press Alt-L....what have you got?

johnnyrocker 17:48 12 Oct 03

not being rude but have you a valid version? you could also go and download big fix click here which will gather all updates for you and install them.

cheers.

johnny.

daisy2bell 21:33 12 Oct 03

"First things first. Check you have the right language input in IE. Shortcut is to press Alt-T, then press O, then press Alt-L....what have you got?"

How do I do this?

alan 2273 23:28 12 Oct 03

OPen internet explorer then hold the Alt key down and press the T key while holding the Alt key down (Alt-T)this will bring a box of options up, then press the O key on its own, this will bring up the internet options box, then hold the Alt key down and press the L key and you should have English (united kingdom) (en-gb ).

powerless 23:35 12 Oct 03

Love to know what that has to do with driver updates.

Forum Editor 23:42 12 Oct 03

have been working behind the scenes on the Windows update site, and together with opthers I've been helping out. There's a redesign taking place, and we've been beta testing the new version quite intensely over the past few days.

That may hace something to do with your problem, or it may not. I don't know if the live version of update has been affected by our goings on. That testing phase is now over, so if things settle down you'll know it was related.

powerless 23:44 12 Oct 03

When shall we expect the new WU?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…