Win XP Event log Error

dave-jens 21:38 26 Jun 05

My computer keeps crashing for all sorts of unknown reasons, sometimes games, Word or Internet. The System Event Viewer shows this log when rebooted. ( After switching off as the blue screen comes up saying Windows has been shut down to prevent damage.)******
" A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred." ****** the event ID is often 1003 and 1001. ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG.
Anyone know how to fix it? Is it a spyware problem?

Diodorus Siculus 08:00 27 Jun 05

Try the system file checker:

start

run

sfc /scannow

dave-jens 18:30 15 Jul 05

I removed the 9600 ATI card and sent it back to Crucial for a replacement. In the mean time I put the 7200 ATI back in.
This was more stable but I still had some "blue screen" problems but not as often.
While waiting for the replacement from Crucial, suspecting it must be something else as the 7200 had not cured it, I checked ASUS for BIOS updates. I had version 1007 from late 2003. Their latest was a 1014 Beta version and several in between.
I noticed the 1009 version said, " Improves ATI VGA compatability for some cards."
I downloaded it and "flashed it."
The PC booted up O.K. but I could not use my keyboard to log on to XP!
I got in using Safe mode and set up a Guest account using the On Screen Keyboard . In the System files there was no keyboard showing and I could not install one!!!
Suprisingly when I booted up and entered the BIOS the keyboard was fine, until Windows opened when it froze the mouse.
After trying various things to no avail I checked the BIOS versions at ASUS again. Lo and behold version 1010 said, "Resolves P/S2 Keyboard fault."
I downloaded it and after several attempts "Flashed" this version, booted up and it worked fine again.
The new 9600 arrived and that has been re-fitted, this and the 7200 has worked fine since. ( No Blue screens.). It appears it was the BIOS all along.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…