win xp & epson CX3200

Optimo 15:12 16 Sep 03

has anyone had any problems with this multifunction printer on XP. Im having problems on startup which only started once i had bought and installed the printer. I have tried the drivers from the installation disc and i've tried the drivers from the web Epson site, but still no joy. According to the manual it is compatable with XP.

Thanks in advance, your friend OPTIMO

Jester2K II 15:18 16 Sep 03

WHAT problems?

Optimo 15:23 16 Sep 03

I can only assume that the equivalent of scandisk kicks in and comes up with problems like files that have been "crosslinked" and/or files that have been duplicated. but funnily enough it starts up with no problems when i unplug the USB cable.

PS. be gentle with me, i'm a novice.

Jester2K II 15:25 16 Sep 03

"I can only assume that the equivalent of scandisk kicks in and comes up with problems like files that have been "crosslinked" and/or files that have been duplicated. "

Sorry but can you tell us what EXACTLY you do see? Error messages etc??

Optimo 15:32 16 Sep 03

once more the law according to sod has kicked in. I have just rebooted with the usb cable plugged in and alls fine. The next time i get the error messages i'll write them down and return once more with my tail between my legs. Sorry for being such a bloody timewaster.

Jester2K II 15:34 16 Sep 03

Don't apologise........

I was just trying to work out why Scandisk would kick in when the CX3200 was plugged in. Does the PC crash, you reboot, then scandisk kicks in?

Or does it just do it on its own???

Jester2K II 15:34 16 Sep 03

Loose cable??

Optimo 15:38 16 Sep 03

nope ive checked the cables even plugged it into one of the 3 other ports. And yes it has crashed a few times just after it has finished loading all the programs and sometimes ramdomly after a certain ammount of time. which can be damn annoying when i am playing champ manager.

Jester2K II 15:42 16 Sep 03

And the crashing related to the CX3200 being plugged in?

Have you tried a different cable?

When it crashes is the printer switched on or off? I'm assuming it got mains power.....

Optimo 15:53 16 Sep 03

it is swithed on when it crashes and yes i've tried two other cables. One thing i did notice when it crashes is that my file system is FAT32 shouldn't it be NTFS? i have a 40 gig H/D by the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…