win xp and conflict with norton a/v

marcus22798 14:40 24 Oct 03

Recently installed norton a/v onto win xp home edition. Once i've booted up to windows it can take a minute or so for me to be able to access an application. I'm wondering whether me installing norton a/v is causing a conflict which has slowed down my pc. any advice please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:04 24 Oct 03

Norton does seem to have problems with the amount of resources used. You could try taking off Norton and putting AVG free antivirus on...click here. If your problem does not return then Norton is to blame.

It is unusual for Norton t6o cause so many problems so you may like to consider increasing your ram or closing some running applications. Start-run and type msconfig...go to the start up tab and uncheck everything that is not needed. click here will tell you what is and what is not needed at start up or post any queries in a separate thread.

G

slimpickins 18:31 24 Oct 03

There was an issue with a conflict but Norton addressed it. Update manually and it will download the update that solves the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…