Win Xp Code

Blacki 20:53 01 Sep 04

Hi

I recently bought a second hand PC with XP installed on it. It was running very slow, so i formatted the hard drive and reloaded from the cd that came with it. the code that i got with the cd is not working. It was not the oringinal cd. Xp will load and work, but it is counting down each time i switch on the computer. I only have about 20 gos left. Is there any way i can bypass this.

Thanks

Blacki

Diodorus Siculus 21:09 01 Sep 04

Do you mean that you cannot activate it either via the web or via the phone. If so, then your options are limited to either getting back to whoever sold you the PC or buying a new XP CD.

curlylad 21:17 01 Sep 04

If you download this program it will do a scan of your system and should tell you the product code for your xp software click here it is also useful to keep as it has a complete inventory of your software , RAM , hardware etc etc.When the page opens click on the green box on the left of your screen to download.Run the program when it is installed and scroll down the page to the section 'Software Licenses' , then it should say Microsoft - Windows XP which will be followed by a number/letter sequence , after this will be the word 'key' in brackets , following this is your software product code.
May I stress though that this should only be done if you own the original software otherwise we start talking software piracy , theft etc etc and this sort of illegal practise should not be condoned , and I do not promote in any way !

Blacki 22:23 01 Sep 04

Thanks for the tips. Belarc advisor worked. The software is legit and it was probaly a miscopied code.

Thanks

Blacki

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5