Win XP CD burn

muddypaws 10:56 28 Jul 03

I know a thread has just closed, but at the risk of showing my ignorance again! I have just put my first photo file onto CDR with XP. Is there any way of telling how much of the CD is un-used. Can I burn more onto the same CD without overwriting what is already there.
I have also just loaded 'MAGIX Photo on CD & DVD'.
Any comments on that please. Thanks

Jester2K II 11:39 28 Jul 03

You can add files until the CD is full. Right click the CRDW Drive with the CDR in it and it'll tell you how much is used. Ignore the fact it says 100% full - it always does.

You can't overwrite info on a CDR so what there is safe.

muddypaws 21:50 28 Jul 03

Thanks Jester. Actually I managed to crack it about 2 hours ago. Didn't realise it would also burn video clips. At the bottom of the 'picture tasks' etc list on the left is a 'details' box, that tells you the total space and space used so far. All I really wanted to do was to back up 'my pictures' in the simplest way and to that end WinXP does the job. Just a pity that to a dimbo like me it took so long! Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…