WIN XP can't delete folders

Kegsy 20:49 07 Jun 04

When I got WIN XP recently, I set up a separate user name for my son, i.e. he was able to log on as a sepatate user. We then decided that we did not need this and I deleted his user name. Trouble is now there are lots of folders we don't need. i.e. one called "all users" with various other folders in it e.g. "shared documents", "WINDOWS", "User data" ..etc.
There is another "WINDOWS" folder in "My documents", where we keep all our files.
Ideally I would like to get rid of the "All users" folder, but if I try to delete it I just get a message "can't delete...this is a Win system folder". Any ideas?

Eric10 21:20 07 Jun 04

All versions of Windows XP have an "All Users" folders and its subfolders. It is an integral part of Windows and that is why it cannot be deleted. It was there before you created your second user and isn't something that has just appeared as a consequence of it. Live with it and learn to love it. If you leave it alone it will do you no harm :-) If you deleted your second user from Users in Control Panel it will have removed all that was necessary.

Fruit Bat 21:24 07 Jun 04

delete by control panel/ user accounts/ change account/ click account /delete account.

folders under docs and settings with son's name shold now be removed.

you cannot remove folders all users, default users, locaa services or network services.

This is one of the reasons XP takes up so much disc space.

GaT7 21:28 07 Jun 04

You may be able to delete the CONTENTS of the 'All Users' folder (but not the folder itself). Have you tried it? If this is successful, don't empty the Recycle bin unless you're sure all is OK. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…