Win XP Boot Up Question

Evolution 19:24 20 Feb 03

Hello,

I have just had to reformat my harddrive and reinstall Win XP Home and all previously loaded drivers and software

Everything went well but upon boot up, before reaching the Windows splash screen, a black and white line now appears at the bottom of the screen and seems to be scanning something as the vertical white bars progress from left to right.

It's almost like the old scandisk progress bar on Win 98 but without the % progress?

This is slowing down my boot up process. Nothing major but is this an XP issue or something to do with the boot up procedures set in my bios eg, scanning of the boot sector?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Evolution

ellas 19:33 20 Feb 03

I get this on 1 of my xp computers,I think its just showing the loading progress.

Elrond 19:35 20 Feb 03

I've had this too, for some reason its stopped happening now.

worf 19:49 20 Feb 03

Do you have Tweak XP or some other utility that has a setting to enable boot time defraging. This is normally caused by boot time defraging but after a couple of times you will find it will disappear because it can't defrag the boot up anymore as it is fully defragged

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…