Win XP Boot Disk

pc moron 17:46 29 Dec 03

I've followed the instructions in this article click here and the computer boots to my Win XP desktop- like it always does.

Is this what's supposed to be happening?

Is the use of the boot disk bypassing the boot files on C:\ and then loading the system files from C:\Windows by using the parameters in Boot.ini?

Can somebody please confirm this for me.

spikeychris 17:51 29 Dec 03

What you trying to do?

pc moron 18:21 29 Dec 03

No specific problem, just curiosity really.

I've created the boot disk as insurance against a corrupt Ntldr or ntdetect.com, my intention being to boot from the disk and then copy the files to my hard drive.

I know I can use the Win XP CD to repair a boot problem, but I thought I'd create the boot disk just to see what happens.

When I use the boot disk the floppy drive is read for a while before the boot process continues in C:\Windows.

If I understand the article correctly this is what should be happening, but I'm not totallly sure, and wondered if somebody can give a definite Yes or No.

spikeychris 18:28 29 Dec 03

If you copied the Ntldr and the Ntdetect.com files then the FDD wil boot you to :\windows

pc moron 18:52 29 Dec 03

Cheers, ticked and closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…