Win XP Admin password on a Time laptop

Plotholder 15:39 12 Apr 09

I have been trying to log onto my old Time A520-p4 but keep getting password not recognised.

Have I been hacked or virused (run Norton 360) or could it be the cmos battery is finished (its an old laptop)

Living in hope - as its a useful machine...

Plotholder

cream. 15:41 12 Apr 09

finished

you would have no password.

keep trying for the password.

birdface 16:18 12 Apr 09

Try in safe mode and id it asks for a password leave it blank and press Ok or whatever you have to press to continue.

cream. 16:30 12 Apr 09

I thought it was against forum rules to circumvent passwords.

Under *cracks* and copyright infringement

"to bypass a computers password protection"

birdface 16:34 12 Apr 09

Not sure but if there is not a password there you are not breaking any rules.

birdface 16:37 12 Apr 09

Like you say if battery is dead you would have no password.So would putting a new battery in let you put a new password in it.

cream. 17:05 12 Apr 09

"I have been trying to log onto my old Time A520-p4 but keep getting password not recognised."

So a password is either stopping it windows booting or a password is stopping access to the bios.

If the cmos battery were dead, there would be no bios password.

But if it's a windows password, then it does not matter if there is or is not a cmos battery in the machine.

That's my take on things and the easiest way to circumvent the windows password is via the method already posted ;-)

baldydave 19:19 12 Apr 09

Hi,
If it is the xp password try this,
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…