win xp

karl1483 03:05 09 May 03

i have recently istalled win xp pro and it has worked wonderfully,untill now is there a way to check if files have become corrupt and restore them as in win98, where you can run sfc.exe in the run command,i really dont want to format my hard drive just for a proplem that only occours in internet explorer.that proplem being it has started to tell me there is a proplem with internet explorer and needs to shut down,sometimes it even resets my computer i have rolled xp back to my last restore point,but that has not helped.any ideas would be apprieciated.

i am running win xp pro on an athlon 2000+ with anmsi motherboard with 512mb of ddr,a geforce 4ti 4200 graphics card,oh yes i am using ie6

karl b

jeez 03:12 09 May 03

win xp has a file protection system running constantly and automatically repairs any damaged system files, (i beleive). But, I have encountered this problem on a friends pc b4, twice, both times caused by adware and kazaa, try resetting ie to default settings (tools, options) or if you have kazaa installed try shutting it down before you run ie. hope this helps. Jim.

temp003 03:58 09 May 03

To run sfc in XP Pro:

Click Start, Run, and in the Open box, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Or, Start, Run, type cmd and press Enter. This opens the command prompt. At the prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Get ready to put the XP CD in.

graham√ 11:17 09 May 03

win me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…