win xp

doug19632004 19:03 07 Mar 04

a friend of mine has windows xp she started up pc and nothing comes up on screen, apart from message saying....we apligise for inconvieniance windows did not start succsesfully and has opions of restarting in safe mode or in previous settings but nothing happening just blank screen, she installed ad-awear 6 then when restarted pc had this problem is there an easy ansewr as to how she can get windows to come back on screen thank you for any help

Big Elf 19:26 07 Mar 04

I'm puzzled how she managed to install AdAware when nothing was on screen. Does she get any error message apart from the one you mention and what are they?

doug19632004 19:38 07 Mar 04

sorry i ment to say she installed adaware first then ran programe, when she finished on pc then logged back on later thats when nothing came up on screen. all it says is it could not start windows sucsesfully

VoG II 19:41 07 Mar 04

Can she get into BIOS? Assuming so change boot order to CDROM first, put Windows CD in drive, restart and follow prompts to install Windows over itself. click here

This will only change System files, not documents etc.

She will need to download Windows Updates again.

Rennaissance 11:16 08 Mar 04

can you get into safe mode?

Stuartli 13:25 08 Mar 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…