Win. Update conflict?

muddypaws 21:28 01 Feb 05

On the 27th Jan I d/loaded 4 Windows updates. I believe it is since then that Flight sim has crashed once or twice and also on screensaver when I return to the PC I have twice found ' the system has recovered from a serious error' message.
Also Webroot Spysweeper has just told me that there is a conflict between Win and a software programme ( possibly a threat).
The Win updates were KB 890175/890830/871250/891711 .
Any knowledge of problems with these.
Thanks.

muddypaws 21:29 01 Feb 05

I realise I can remove them, but thought I would ask first.

freaky 22:02 01 Feb 05

Try doing a System Restore back to a time when Flight Simulator worked.

If it works OK then uninstall any subsequent Windows updates.

You can then re-select and download an update, keep doing this until you find the culprit.

Alternatively go to the Windows Knowledge Base, and do a search on the Windows error codes.

Hope this helps.

muddypaws 19:56 02 Feb 05

freaky,
Didn't have to do a restore as an fs restart cleared it, but fs didn't seem very happy. The first thing that happened last week was that the joystick un-installed, but had the CD for that. I have also down-loaded a couple of small fs add ons that I am having doubts about, so will un -install them first then follow your advice. Thanks.

muddypaws 17:17 03 Feb 05

Don't want to speak too soon, but un-installing two recent fs add ons may have cured it.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…