Win TV & media Centre

nikki2007 16:47 11 Feb 08

Hi I have a Win TV Nova T-Stick and can't get Vista Windows Media Centre to recognise it. I have down loaded the virtual CD and installed drivers from... click here
However when I go to set up TV of Media Centre I get the message that no TV card found.
Any ideas appreciated - Thanks

john bunyan 16:54 11 Feb 08

Had Same problem. If you are using XP and IE7, and have done usual updates, go to MS update site, look for optional updates for MCE machines as these are not automatic on the usual update, install Framework files and others reccomended. Took me ages to find this out. Hope it works! I had a Happuage tuner and theie Tech phone line was helpful - a call to Nova may help. Good luck!

john bunyan 16:58 11 Feb 08

Sorry . I see you are on Vista, but I suspect the same applies ie you have to install the updates for MCE machines as an extra to the auto process.

nikki2007 16:02 15 Feb 08

Finally got Vista MCE to recognise that a TV Card is present...but now when scanning for channels within 2 seconds I get the message..."No services were found, make sure TV signal is properly connected to PC" The same tv card has picked up channels on a different PC. Any ideas?

Technotiger 16:14 15 Feb 08

If you are only using the supplied tiny TV Aerial, the positioning of that aerial is crucial - just a few inches in any direction can make all the difference. The TV stick works better if connected to your normal roof aerial.

nikki2007 16:16 15 Feb 08

I am just using the tiny aerial. But I don't understand how on one PC the aerial can at least pick up a few channels but on this PC the scan process doesn't get past 0% and picks up no signal

Technotiger 16:25 15 Feb 08

News24 as seen on my PC a few minutes ago ...

[URL=click here][IMG]

Try your rooftop aerial .....

nikki2007 16:26 15 Feb 08

I have the winTV nova t stick

john bunyan 16:28 15 Feb 08

I think you would have better results with a proper high gain aerial as for a digital tv.

Technotiger 16:32 15 Feb 08

Scroll down and you will see that a rooftop aerial is recommended!

click here

nikki2007 16:35 15 Feb 08

but that still doesn't explain why the same device used in the same location on a different machine picks up channels? I think there is a scanning issue because this normally takes longer then 2 seconds, but thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…