WIN SEVICE PACK 2....AKA ANXIETY PACK 2

rotormota 19:23 25 Oct 04

THANK GOD FOR NORTON GOBACK. I have just tried installing WSP2 & my pc, not to mention my evening, was nearly wrecked.

1/ Why did it extract files to my external hard drive(no option to choose)? Surely they should have been placed in the main 'C' drive by default?

2/ After installation why did my pc keep trying to reboot over & over & over & over only getting as far as a screen message stating 'autocheck program not found- skipping autocheck'each time?

WOT A LOAD OF PANTS & HATS OFF TO NORTON COZ AT LEAST THEIR GOBACK OPTION WAS STILL AVAILABLE TO ME.

SP2 IS BEING SHREDDED AS I TYPE.

powerless 19:42 25 Oct 04

1) Does not matter they'll only be there until the install has completed and if you cancel the installation then they'll be deleted.

I think the installer chooses the drive with the most free space.

2)click here ?

rotormota 20:18 25 Oct 04

Thanks Powerless but I will stick with what I have. Even if it had installed properly I would have just turned off all the new security features anyway because I have Norton & you can't have 2 (firewalls etc) running at the same time.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…