Win RAR

iqs 15:52 27 Jan 14

Hello

I will be purchasing WinRAR ,hopefully . It all depends on your kind answers to my questions :-) Im aware W7 has its own extraction tool,but if I install WinRAR ,will I still have the option to use the windows tool. Will it still be an option via right click etc. If not,when WinRAR is un-installed,will the windows tool be available ? Thank you

ened 16:01 27 Jan 14

I use WinRar and 7-zip.

Both are free and both can be used via the right-click.

Hope this helps

Zak 18:33 27 Jan 14

iqs Here are some instructions for returning to "the windows tool" Please note that the command route is the most preferred.

Windows 7 Default ZIP Program

Mr Mistoffelees 20:06 27 Jan 14

I use Winzip by default with Winrar and 7-zip for those few files Winzip is unable to deal with. The three of them cope with everything. If you find an old version to download, Winzip can also be used free if you ignore the nags.

wee eddie 20:35 27 Jan 14

I can't understand why you wish to purchase software when there is an equally good version of the same software for free.

Unless. of course, you are a Business User

iqs 11:49 28 Jan 14

Hi , Thank you all for your help. I would sooner not use a alternative software to extract files,but more and more files are now compressed in rar format. The windows extraction tool work great ,but it doesn't support rar I assumed the free version was limited in use and features,hence the purchase . Thanks

alanrwood 12:33 28 Jan 14

Looking at the Winrar site

click here does not appear to be a free version. The only free one is "interface themes", the rest are paid for or trials.

there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…