Win or Zone alarm?

Hetti 21:35 27 Oct 04

I was advised to use winXP firewall instead of my usual zone alarm, which is best or is it just a personal preference?

Cook2 21:40 27 Oct 04

Try Sygate > click here

TomJerry 21:43 27 Oct 04

XP one only block attack from out side if it catch any. You do not have any knowledge what blocked.

Zonealarm block outside attack as well as enemy within, i.e. ZA can block some program trying to contact outside automatically as well. Moreove, ZA give you a log of what have been blocked.

Do you think you can compare these two?

easyrider 22:14 27 Oct 04

No contest ZoneAlarm every time.

VoG II 22:17 27 Oct 04

" I was advised to use winXP firewall instead of my usual zone alarm"

By whom? We will send out the men in white coats...

cleddau77 22:32 27 Oct 04

I've used Zone Alarm for over 3 years. Excellent product. Recommended by most computer magazines and the security site Gibson Research Corporation ahead of better known Firewall brand names. click here

joseph K 00:33 28 Oct 04

I've not found anything as good as Zone Alarm, stay with that as I think you intend to do.

jimboy 00:44 28 Oct 04

After all problems with ZA updates. I switched to Sygate and no probs.Also it stops the enemy from within as well as nerds from the outer limits.

Hetti 21:15 28 Oct 04

Further advice please...

The chap who advised me to use Win firewall, did actually uninstall my Zone Alarm, I have since reinstalled it. My question now is how do I disable win firewall

easyrider 21:42 28 Oct 04

If you go to All Programs then accessories then system tools click on security centre you should be able to disable it there.

burgerbern 21:43 28 Oct 04

No Contest Zonealarm wins hands down, it works both ways in and out, win only works coming in, to disable windows firewall if you are using SP2 updated windows, go to control panel open windows firewall click off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…