Win ME...No Dial Tone?

kumarisblue 23:37 11 Mar 05

Would really apreciate advice....have reinstalled windows me on dell inspiron 8000 laptop and modem drivers, which are up to date and active. However when I try to connect to internet there is no dial tone. Any ideas?
Thankyou!

djwheeler 12:00 12 Mar 05

Have to try the simple first. Have you tried a different cable?

Chezdez 12:34 12 Mar 05

if you have BT 1571, make sure that you don;t have any messages on 1571, as this will break up the dial tone, and some modems get confused

iarno 15:22 12 Mar 05

On the bottom bar right click the volume icon and select "open volume controls". Click on "options"
then "advanced controls" and untick the "Muted" boxes along the bottom.

I run ME and this worked for me.

I

kumarisblue 19:26 12 Mar 05

Have tried advice given and still no joy! I have also tried running a PC Check piece of software through the system to try and diagnose the problem but this will start to load up but freezes on 'detecting hardware'. When I explore the disc with the program on it, there are what I call 'empty icons' so it would seem some program is missing from the system but I wouldnt begin to know which one or what. Does anyone have any ideas about my next course of action? All help is appreciated!

SANTOS7 19:35 12 Mar 05

click here
error No. 680, this may help,good luck........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…