win media player 11

EMM61 16:18 20 May 08

Hello dear friends, I have just installed Win Media Player 11.0.5721.5145, well,the problem is that i am tring to watch a DVD and not a single sound is coming out...on the other hand the picture is very sharp...any ideas?? OS win xp pro sp2.Thank you.

Kind regards,
emm.

sean-278262 16:22 20 May 08

try getting another application to play the video. click here

If the sound works then there is something amiss in the WMP settings. If it doesnt then the issue is going to be likely a driver or hardware issue.

Also have you checked the obvious and opened the full sound option to check that something is muted that shouldnt be.

Jak_1 16:26 20 May 08

Could be that you need a new codec, try downloading the k-lite codec pack. Hopefuly that should solve your problems.
With Orange being hit and miss at the moment I can't get to the google page, just put k-lite into a google search and that will give you the download site for the codec pack.

sinbads 16:28 20 May 08

click here to check your settings

EMM61 16:30 20 May 08

Hi Astec thank you for your reply , the sound work perfectly I can play an mp3 without trouble at all.

EMM61 16:32 20 May 08

THANK YOU EVERY ONE, I WILL TRY WHAT YOU ALL SUGGESTED. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…