Win ME Wireless?

Legslip 13:57 12 Nov 05

Have installed a Linksys ADSL Home Gateway and can connect one PC to it that runs XP. However I cannot get another PC to connect to the net using a Belkin Wireless Network Card. Is it because I am using ME? I cant see any way of setting it up in ME.

Chegs ® 13:59 12 Nov 05

The ME PC cannot use WPA encryption,other than that there's no reason why it shouldn't connect thru the router.

Legslip 14:05 12 Nov 05

Can you advise on how to set up the connection then? Would appreciate some help.

Chegs ® 14:10 12 Nov 05

I'm certain that this will have been covered in Networking in PCA.I will go and have a shufty for you,save my poor one fingered typing a bit of effort. ;-)

Chegs ® 14:17 12 Nov 05

click here

Howto setup a PC thru a router.

One of many threads on various OS's and assorted hardware.The basic principle is the same throughout.

Hope it helps. ;-)

Legslip 14:18 12 Nov 05

Thanks Chegs. Await your advice.

Legslip 14:31 12 Nov 05

Got the wireless network card communicating OK with the router now, but how do I set up Internet Explorer to conect to the net?

Chegs ® 14:44 12 Nov 05

To access the net you go to control panel/Internet Options/Connections tab/LAN Settings/Untick the box,and also select Never Dial a Connection from the Connections tab.I've probably missed something,but this is how I have my net setup on my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…