win me system restore query

snoresloudly 20:49 08 Apr 03

I am currently running win me on my system and had need to do a restore, when I opened restore it said that no restore points had been created so far this month, when I tried to go back to last month I got an error message that reads "out of memeory- line 27", can anyone explain? also how can I get restore to do a "backup" say every other day?. I have checked in propertys/troubleshooting and restore is not turned off. As I am about to do some major changes to my system I would prefer to make sure thais aspect is working before I go ahead. Also I cannot access restore via the start-programmes-accesories system restore menu I have to go into system info and choosed it from there, so how do I create an entry for it on there?

regards

AubreyS 21:02 08 Apr 03

I have found out from experience that System Restore in ME is unreliable and cannot be trusted. I use Norton Ghost and it's the best thing since Halle Berry!

britto 22:33 08 Apr 03

have a look in SYSTEM CONFIG/STARTUP to see if Statemgr is ticked this enables Restore from start up.Also worth looking in START/HELP/INDEX/SYSTEM RESTORE/ALLOCATING DISK SPACE. it has information on why Restore may not be running.But must agree that Restore is not always reliable.

Gerrycan 22:44 08 Apr 03

Windows ME restore is not very trust worthy,My Advice is disable it.if you ever "heaven forbid"
get certain trojans activated on your pc,restore can also prevent your pc from starting,like for instance (wininit.exe file virus).even with ME system restore disabled,you can still do a restore from the bot disk.as follows..at the A:/ TYPE.( scanreg /restore )(space between scanreg and / this will show you various restore points.

Peter E 22:56 08 Apr 03

...for ME. The link is to a recent thread which contains useful links. Hope it helps.

click here

uskfisherman 11:37 09 Apr 03

There is a good article how to "restore" this facility in TIPS & TRICKS spring 2003 page 41. I agree with some of the remarks by previous helpers, I find this system unreliabe, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. If you have norton anti virus a system restore point can interfere with norton which will prevent you from booting up. You then have to go into safe mode take out NAV to enable to boot. Then restoring NAV does'nt always work, Good luck

dth 12:05 09 Apr 03

why don't you diable system restore switch off your p/c and when it re-starts re-enable system restore. then test it by creating a re-store point. will a little luck this may well sort out your problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…