Win ME Scandisc Problems

holly polly 09:29 10 Jul 03

Hi my comp refused too shut down yesterday ,so reluctanly i had to hit the reset button on the comp ,this of course resulted in the enevitable scandisc starting on boot up {improper shutdown scandisc checking for errors}-scandisc is doing a thorough test and automatically fixing errors-my question is i seem to remember reading somewhere for scandisc to preform its task correctly you have too shut all the programs down except sys tray and explorer -i think ,is this right?-have tried running scandisc in safe mode and evevn after 5 hors scandisc still hasn't finished -my harddrive is 40 gig and win me is fully updated by windows update,incidently i have reformatted thhis drive numerous times and after a little while i get scandisc problems ,mostley due to improper shutdown ,all i want to do is to let scandisc complete its task ,and for me not to get the scandisc running every time i boot up,your help as allways is greatfully recieved,cheers hol pol.

rubella 09:52 10 Jul 03
  holly polly 10:21 10 Jul 03

ok just downloaded that,but what programs must i keep running to run scandisc please?

holly polly 12:48 11 Jul 03

matter resolved many thanks to rubella for the help-hol pol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…