Win Me, Outlook Express Email & Contact List

Giggle n' Bits 10:05 05 Nov 05

HELP, just come on my computer and all my contacts in Ie6 have vanishied, and also all my recieved/sent etc emails vanaished the only one I got was one from PCA forum from last night posting ref other subject.

i have noticed 2 files on my desktop which are
www81E5.TMP & wwwB195.TMP which I hope are revorable files.

Thing is how do I get my address book contacts back and email please. Are the Contacts/Address Book going to be Text coma seperated I tired that and they were not found to Import back.

HEP Please as a lot are business contacts and cusotmer emails. Norton has not picked any virus up.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:12 05 Nov 05

Have you tried a system restore to just before this happened?

G

Giggle n' Bits 10:34 05 Nov 05

also tried scanreg / fix & also scanreg / restore with no choices for CAB's to restore apart from todays and that a bad egg.

Luckily I made a back up 3 weeks ago but ideally getting my Email Contacts back is a must and emails.

Splork 10:36 05 Nov 05

Search for files ending in *.wab or *.wa~ (the latter usually backups of the address book) - back anything you find up before restoring or importing over the current one.

joseph K 12:14 05 Nov 05

I know that the horse has bolted in this instance, but I always save my important emails to a separate folder and my extremely important ones to a separate folder and to an external disk drive. You may like to consider one/both of these in future. Sorry I can't help any more with your current plight, but I hope I've helped you so that you don't ever have to go through a disaster like this again.

Giggle n' Bits 12:47 05 Nov 05

which i made a few weeks ago, but none of my emails. The Application Data Folder in Identities folder is damaged and will not open.
But in other folder named Application Data folder there are DBX files for Outlook but again they will not import back.

wotbus@ 13:59 05 Nov 05

I had this problem some a year or so ago with Me and used a DBX file recovery tool. Hang on while I do a bit of searching.

wotbus@ 14:03 05 Nov 05

Try this click here
I seem to recall I used something called DBExtract so I did a google for it. Turned up loads so you could try the same. Good luck.

wotbus@ 14:06 05 Nov 05

Found it - this is what I used. Tally ho!
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…