Win ME - MS DOS access

flumps 09:16 11 Feb 04

I have just installed Windows ME on my PC, but things have gone wrong and I would like to format the hard drive, and store agian on a clean drive. But I can't figure out how to start my PC in MS DOS mode, to format c:. There used be the option of starting my PC in MS DOS mode on Win 95, but ME doesn't have that option, when I go to the task bar and shut down, it only gives the options; shut down, restart and open MS Dos window. I tried format c: in the MS Dos window but it didn't work as ME was running in the background. So how do I start my PC in MS DOS??

Diodorus Siculus 09:20 11 Feb 04

You will need a boot disk; the Win98SE one from click here will do the job for you.

keith-236785 10:33 11 Feb 04

Diodorus Siculus, you beat me to it.

once you have a win98 boot disk, restart your pc with the floppy in the drive, when you get the menu, choose start without cdrom support, let it set up the ram disk, change to the ram disk directory by typing E: (if E is the ram disk, it will tell you anyway) then type format C: press enter and away it should go.

flumps 08:47 13 Feb 04

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…