Win ME gone bang after download Mouse Problem now

Baskerville 17:22 01 Feb 06

Hi All,

I have a Windows ME machine that I use with a home network, I decided to try and get some driver updates for it as it is pretty old.
After going to the Nvidia website to download a driver update the Computer will not re-load properly, well it does load up and asks me if I want to go into safe mode which I do, if I don't go into safe mode it just shuts down each time.
Thing is it also goes to the Microsoft Home Support page....no problem there but I cannot attempt to do anything as my mouse will not work at all to allow me to go into system restore or anywhere else, the mouse (curser) is not moving at all.....can anyone suggest anything ?

Many thanks Baskerville.

Skyver 17:26 01 Feb 06

Did you get as far as updating using the driver you downloaded? Was it a chipset driver, or graphics driver?

Baskerville 17:33 01 Feb 06

Graphics Driver, yes I updated, computer restarted and prompted me to go into safe mode this I did the problems started there,
Thanks.

PaulB2005 17:34 01 Feb 06

System Restore?

Skyver 17:37 01 Feb 06

Either System Restore as suggested by PaulB2005 or manually remove the driver in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

PaulB2005 17:37 01 Feb 06

Can you not use the keyboard to navigate to System restore?

Or just hit WinKey + R and type msconfig in the Command Line box, and then press ENTER.
Click Launch System Restore to begin restoring your computer to a previous, functional state. The TAB key should help you select the right button.

or try this click here worked for me once.

Baskerville 19:11 01 Feb 06

Doing what PaulB2005 has said and I managed to get to system restore, comp now says that it is restoring and a progress bar shows about 10% done so it is slow.
I must say that my comp is ancient by todays standards, I may well be on the lookout for a bare bones system if anyone knows a good one ? I have the speakers and 15" TFT and a Epson C62 printer, what can I get for about 300 quid, not after a flying machine just up to date comp with a decent graphic card and maybe a telly tuner anyone point me to a good website ?
Just had a peep at the comp and it's now at 25% so something is definateley happening !

thanks again,

Baskerville 20:03 01 Feb 06

Thanks for the help, PaulB2005 your directions were perfect and worked first time.
I will leave the thread open as regards the best bare bones systems as I said my comp is a little Ancient.
Thanks to all that have helped,

Baskerville.

Baskerville 23:40 03 Feb 06

Anyone recommend a good bare bones system ?

rdave13 23:45 03 Feb 06

Suggest you start a new thread.Might get more replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…