win me default image viewer gone missing

holly polly 18:54 21 Nov 03

Hi using me ,my default app with what i use to view images ,has gone missing ,i now have to view them with image preview ,unfotunately i cannot print from here ,i have to drag the image to another app to print ,how might i reinstate the default program ,checked in add /remove programs and no mention-regards-hol pol...

A_World_Maker 19:24 21 Nov 03

what is your default application?

holly polly 22:19 21 Nov 03

thats just it cant remember what the default app is called ,it is what win me uses to open image files email attatchment imagges by default -hol pol...

britto 22:25 21 Nov 03

mine uses image viewer,in folder options/file types what prog is used for bmp,jpg ect.

britto 22:30 21 Nov 03

sorry image preview , but the option to print is in the bar just above the image

lindyloo4 10:27 22 Nov 03

Think you may mean Microsoft Photo Editor. I use Me and found it start - programs - home affairs. I'm pretty sure it's the program that views e-mail pics, but to be honest I haven't taken that much notice.
Also found it by typing photo editior in search and it brought up a shortcut icon and folders.

holly polly 16:18 22 Nov 03

done search tried looking in my programs as you suggest cannot find microsoft photo editor ,any more ideas -hol pol...

lindyloo4 17:39 22 Nov 03

Sorry can't help any further. Just had a friend send me a photo and it is definately Microsoft Photo Editor that opened it.

I presume you have already tried System Restore to a date you can remember it working.

Good luck.

Pesala 17:43 22 Nov 03

That is what I use for my default program for most image types: click here

click here for a quick tutorial

holly polly 18:13 22 Nov 03

ok can i reinstall windows ,or repair and hopefully get the app back=hol pol...

Pesala 18:37 22 Nov 03

Try Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup, Accessories, Imaging. If it is already checked, try unchecking to uninstall it, then repeat the process to reinstall it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…