Win ME - Cannot Expand My Documents Folder

FCD 20:50 16 Oct 03

I have just re-installed ME and have one minor but irritating problem. When I select "Start" - "Documents" and highlight "My Documents" the folder will not expand [although there is an arrow against My Documents]. Very odd!!

I have tried using TweakUI and Taskbar and Start Menu properties - all to no avail so v grateful for any help as to where to lok next.

VMT in advance.

Pesala 21:42 16 Oct 03

Looking at Win Control, there is a value for submenu show delay. I wonder if that could have got changed by Tweak UI to something enormous. Mine is 400 (milliseconds)

I assume that you do have subfolders in My Documents. I have none in My Pictures so it doesn't expand, but there is no arrow either.

Pesala 21:56 16 Oct 03

would have the effect you describe. The menu takes 40 seconds to open - long enough to make you think it is not working at all.

FCD 09:51 17 Oct 03

Many thanks but regret this is not the answer - in fact all the other relevant start menu items [programmes, control panel etc etc] expand ok. It seems to be a problem purely between the Start Menu and the My Documents folder. With everything else up and running, I do not feel like another re-install so I will keep looking.

I wonder if anyone else has any ideas?

Pesala 12:53 17 Oct 03

I know that's not a solution, but if it works/doesn't work, it might narrow down the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…