win me boot disk

holly polly 22:59 27 Jul 03

i created one of these some time ago but wife had clear out and gone missing ,being an old boy scout {be prepared and that}i like too be covered for the inevitable,can somebody please remind my rusty brain cells -HOW DO I CREATE A WIN ME FLOPPY RESCUE DISK?,as usual all answers greatfully recieved,cheers-hol pol...

VoG II 23:01 27 Jul 03
  holly polly 23:06 27 Jul 03

ok voG BUT WANNA TO CREATE ME OWN LIKE I ONCE DID BEFORE I KNOW ITS EASY ,BUT CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT ,methinks i shall have to dig me old mags out to refresh me brain...

VoG II 23:08 27 Jul 03

If you create one from ME it may not have CD drive support. Hence my click here.

britto 23:14 27 Jul 03

is this the same as startup disc from add remove programs tab ?.

holly polly 23:14 27 Jul 03

oh i see so these work ok then voG?

VoG II 23:17 27 Jul 03

Yes they do.

VoG II 23:19 27 Jul 03

I assume that it is your rescue disk gone missing and not your wife. Bad luck.

holly polly 23:21 27 Jul 03

just had a look on the add and remove optios tab and the create disk is there ,methinks i will download the one you suggested voG {THANKYOU},AND ALSO CREATE MY OWN {THANKYOU}-britto,this thread will now be listed as resolved ,many thanks hol pol...

holly polly 23:22 27 Jul 03

no worst luck lol-hol pol...

anchor 14:36 28 Jul 03

VoG:

The boot floppy that is created from the Win-Me setup CD does have CD support, as does those from Win98 and Win98-SE.

The CD driver is a generic one, and supports almost all, but not every CD drive. I am sure the same is true with the boot disk downloaded from boot disk.com. I once had a notebook that needed a specific CD driver that I had to download, and create my own variant of the boot floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…