//some 3rd party need geo

Win ME

denali 15:05 27 Feb 03

Can anyone please tell me how to format Me without the original CD. I really need to get back to Win 98 but no disk

Many thanks

Lú-tzé 16:00 27 Feb 03

You may have the option to uninstall WinME if you saved the system files when it was installed. Check add/remove programs.

If you have neither 98 nor ME CDs then you are in a risky position though.

denali 18:05 27 Feb 03

Thanks Lu-tze.
I have Win 98 disk and have tried a straight format with ME boot disk in DOS but it will not accept the format.
Can you tell me why I should have the Win 98 disk (which I have) and is there anything I can do with it. Thanks.

Lú-tzé 18:23 27 Feb 03

What you need to do then is use fdisk to format the hdd, remove its mbr (master boot record) and partition the hdd as you want.

click here for a guide to fdisk.

Lú-tzé 18:26 27 Feb 03

click here

or

click here

for a couple of good guides to reinstalling Windows.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:33 27 Feb 03

The best way is to delete the ME system completely and then load on 98. click here will walk you through yjr easy-peasey process. You will not need a boot disk to wipe ME but you WILL need a boot disk to load 98 and you can get one from the ever excellent click here.

Be aware, just to repeat what the first link says, that you will lose all your information if you delete ME, so backing up is important.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…