Win ME -290381 Update-how do i get it

holly polly 17:26 22 Aug 03

hi after reading another thread about someone having problems with the scandisc running all the time on win me ,i followed the links and read the microsoft knowledge base article on the matter ,microsoft suggest that you obtain the ide hard drive cachepackage ,which was installed as a windows update and microsoft reccomend that you obtain and install the 290831 SRB_FUCTION_SHUTDOWN.as my rewriter is connected via a scsi cable to a scsi pci ide adapter i believe this fix is appropiate to me ,ever since i have had this comp i have experieced scandisc problems from day one ,ie proper shutdown ,windows says improper shutdown ,scandisc needs to run -i have allways dismissed this error as a dodgy hard drive indeed after the last format scandisc coldnt check the drive due to bad clusters ,the thing is i am buying a new hard drive and i do not want to be having the probs i have been having ,i have tried navigating microsofts site but after 2 hours it did my head in ,is it possible then the probs i have been having are due to not having the relevant fix from microsoft ,and if so why cant microsoft make the fix easy to get {do i have to pay for this fix?}as usual all answers greatfully recieved ,cheers -hol pol...

feb 17:39 22 Aug 03

click here

now click on "scan for updates"
I dont know if this will solve your problem, but its where you need to be for windows updates.

spikeychris 17:42 22 Aug 03

Your title number is for "Desktops May Not Align Correctly with Multiple Monitors" The other number ie: 290831 is click here however you have to get in touch mith M$....

To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http: //support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…