WIN DVD Error Message

mo674 22:35 17 Nov 03

When i put in a DVD into my PC i get the option to play via WMP or Win DVD. I always select Win DVD as this has a software decoder in it. I get the following error:

Create Overlay failed. Please lower your screen resolution or colour depth and try again.

In WMP i get: WMP cannot play the video stream because of a problem with your video card.

What is going on???

Diodorus Siculus 23:46 17 Nov 03

At your current resolution/settings the software player consumes far too many system resources to playback the file with acceptable quality.

HAve you tried to lower the resolution? (Desktop right click; properties, settings.)

mo674 09:28 18 Nov 03

Am currently on 800 x 600 (the lowest i can get of 2 !! Have right clicked on desktyop icion and selected different options (256 colouts, lower screen res etc etc) but to no avail.

Diodorus Siculus 10:13 18 Nov 03

OK - what are the specifications of your PC?

How much RAM? What operating system? What graphics card? Have you the latest drivers for the graphics card?

mo674 00:03 20 Nov 03

Am Running AMD Duron 1.3GHz Processor on MSI-6738 Motherboard. Have 512Mb of Ram, Windows XP and the graphic card is the factory one - S3 Graphics ProSavage SDR. Driver is latest - it came on CD. Am running AC97 as Audio as well. Anything else that can help.

Sorry for delay in getting back as well!! And thanks for help so far

Diodorus Siculus 07:58 20 Nov 03

"Driver is latest - it came on CD" - try downloading a driver from the manufacturer site - they are not always the latest if they came on an install CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…