Win-ASPI File cannot be found

wossie 01:01 04 Jun 03

I am running Win ME I installed Clone CD (no probs before with it) and when launching Nero is says "Win-ASPI file cannot be found so you can only select virtual drives". This file is part of 98, ME etc. I did not install the virtual drive with Clone CD or Nero. I deleted both progs and reinstalled them, same difference. Can I extract this file from Win ME CD if so how. Thanks, Wossie.

JoeC 15:30 04 Jun 03

but you can download it from the Nero website

otubby1 16:19 04 Jun 03

I had this problem with Nero.

If I'm right, when you get the message, it tells you something about opening the system.ini, yeah?

if the same thing is happening to you, you need to take out the Nero driver so that it runs from the system.

I'm sorry, but for the life of me I can't remember whether the information is in the help file or on the web site, but apparently it is a common fault.

I should check them both out, and as you're online, you might as well start with the web site.

wossie 11:30 07 Jun 03

I Emailed Ahead nero, and got a reply. The file WNASPI32.DLL WAS DELETED, download NEASPIEN.EXE (NEASPIFR.EXE)FRENCH VERSION)from click here. Or copy WNASPI32.DLL from another computer with same OS to your C:\Windows\Systems directory. Important Note: For Windows XP Only. If you have Nero in 'Compatibility mode' you will get this error message even if you have our WNASPI32.DLL File in the Nero directory. To resolve, you must disable the option for "Run this program in Compatibility mode for:"
You do this by going to Start->All Programs->Ahead Nero and right click on Nero Burning Rom or Nero Express and go to it's Properties and then to the Compatibility Tab and disable this option here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…