Win 98se Questions

ste_bla 09:35 07 May 04

At moment when i start up PC comes up with network password box, i can get pass it by pressing okay or cancel as no password saved.

How do i stop this coming up?

Also i have a 120gb disk on this computer (1 n only hdd) it seems little suggish so i was thinking of partitionin it up also easier to sort out files so how do i do this? I havent seen a partition option last time i reinstalled win98se but then that was 2 years a go....

Cheers for any help.

Diodorus Siculus 09:39 07 May 04

One option is to do a search on your PC for

*.pwl

Delete any instances of it you find.

Restart windows.

When the password box comes up, leave blank and press ok.

It should not come up again.

You will need to re-enter yourISP password in any DUN connections.

ste_bla 09:42 07 May 04

Thanks for help with Password will try it latter.. still need help with partition...

How do i partition a 120gb HDD before/after installing 98se?

Diodorus Siculus 10:01 07 May 04

Before: by using fdisk: click here

After: with something like parition magic - about£30 or so.

end 10:14 07 May 04

I have win 98 2nd ed here . my (novice computering ) suggestion would be to see if you have anyone programmed in as a "user" in the password section in control pannel. I am the only one that has acess TO this computer, so have no need FOR passwords, therefore never get the box appearing....or have I misunderstood the problem..in which case..sorry...

ste_bla 10:22 07 May 04

i dont remember using f disk last time so maybe it wasnt a full reinstall?!?

Could you just run though how i would reinstall N partition drive pliz?

Oh and i sorted out password problem; Del password files it came up next time once pushed cancel rebooted and didnt come up again!

Megatyte 10:36 07 May 04

To stop the network logon appearing then go to Control Panel. Double click Network and change the Primary Network Logon to Windows Logon(It's likely set to Client for Microsoft Networks). You will need to re-boot.

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…