Win 98 and XP?

Zebrapec 18:51 24 Apr 04

I love my win 98 but realise that I am being left behind. There is a new course at my local college but it is using XP. I have two hard drives of 6 gig. each, and a copy of XP. Can I just install XP on one drive so I can get familiar with how to use it, or is there more to it than that.

Charence 19:04 24 Apr 04

6GB is a bit risky for XP which uses around 5MB for a typical installation. You may need more storage space!!

Also I think you should consider the specification of your computer. e.g CPU speed and RAM.

Official Requirements
300MHz CPU
128MB RAM
1.5GB HDD space

You will be able to install XP on one drive, but be careful when installing to backup any important files and any existing Windows files will be deleted upon installation.

Charence

DJ-Garry 19:14 24 Apr 04

Although I haven't loaded many other programs yet my Full Install of XP Pro has only used up about 2.5Gb of space. After a few programs that would still leave you with around 3Gb+ of HDD space to play with. Not much I know in todays trends of 120Gb plus drives, but still enough for most I would think.
If you carefully select only the things you want during installation, you can keep it quite slim.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac