Win 98 Splash screen

kerses 16:50 19 Nov 03

Can anyone tell me please how to replace the Windows splash screen with something of my choice? I can select whether to show the screen at all or not using Tweak UI.
kerses

VoG II 16:55 19 Nov 03
  kerses 14:59 22 Nov 03

Many thanks VoG for the response. I can locate the logo.sys file and can build or find a suitable .bmp file to replace it, but can't see how to save my .bmp into place as a .sys one. Sorry I'm a bit slow off the mark these days - 82 now and struggling at times.
kerses

Forum Editor 15:30 22 Nov 03

and call it splash_screen.

Now copy the existing logo.sys file into it, and rename it logo.bmp. Then delete the original, so there's no logo.sys in the folder. Then place your new file in the Windows folder and rename it logo.sys so that Windows will load it on startup. To reverse the procedure just delete your new file, move the old one back out of its temporary folder, and give it back its .sys extension.

kerses 16:50 22 Nov 03

Thanks for quick response. Have followed the in structions, but can't get the .bmp file to rename as .sys. In explorer, just shows file as logo.sys and in the "ext" column still .bmp and behaves as such.
kerses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…