win 98 mouse problems

Kingfisher 17:15 17 Mar 05

A friend of mine has a pentium 3 with win 98, the problem he has is the mouse is working back to front i.e. you have to use the right mouse button to left click and the left button to right click, he has checked the mouse is set up for right handed and that is o.k.
he has had some problems with viruses and trojans in the past.
Can I delete the mouse in device manager, and will windows reinstall it on a reboot.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Technotiger 17:22 17 Mar 05

Hi - Delete and reinstall - yes.

Cheers.

ventanas 17:23 17 Mar 05

He hasn't just switched the buttons around has he. Check the mouse settings in Control Panel.

Diemmess 17:58 17 Mar 05

As ventanas said.........There is the option there to reverse mouse buttons, supposedly to suit lefthanded people.

Kingfisher 18:22 17 Mar 05

Thankyou all for your replies

Storik 20:44 17 Mar 05

A few years ago I got a "Green Goblin" virus from a computer magazine disk - not PCA I hasten to add.

This reversed everything the mouse did. Up went down, down went up etc. etc. I think this has been superceded by updated viruses (I'm going back to 1994)and so it's worth using antivirus software to check. What do you think?

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…