Win 98 frozen mouse

Quilljar 15:57 15 Jun 05

I have a frozen mouse. I have cleaned it, tried two other mice, tried a series connected mouse, installed new drivers for both connections etc etc. Now I am stumped. Has anyone any suggestion what to do next, bearing in mind it is difficult anyway without using a mouse!

amonra 20:13 15 Jun 05

Go to Cntrl Panel/Mouse/Hardware/Troubleshoot Click and follow through.

woodchip 20:22 15 Jun 05

It sounds like it may be a IRQ conflict, but first if you can navigate with Keyboard go to Start\Settings\Control Panel\Display\Settings\Advanced\Performance move the slider down a notch to see if it will allow the mouse to work. You will have to reboot to try it

woodchip 20:23 15 Jun 05

PS if you start in safe mode it may let your mouse work as it does not load all drivers so you may be able to do the above in safe mode

joethebow 21:25 15 Jun 05

I had this a couple years ago. Turned out to be a virus that I simply couldn't find with no mouse. Managed to open and operate Nero using the keyboard and saved all my data to CD before reformatting and reloading windows.

Now I have Norton Ghost with the operating system & programmes on one HDD and the data all on another. If something like this happens again I can reinstall windows AND all my programmes in just over 20 minutes while my precious data is safely stored out of the way.

les4543 13:04 16 Jun 05

Control panel/power management
System standby (never)Although 20 mins works on my other W/ME comp
Turn off monitor (never)
Turn off hard disc(never)
Use screen saver
Problem solved for me after trying everything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…