Win 98 files missing

Ç̧ÇØ 15:07 21 Sep 04

I got a message System Low in Memory,
I rebooted, now i get the message
symevent.386 and navap.vxd is missing.
The pc boots up but my documents is empty and programs folder is empty. If i try to run a program, it says cant be found, but points to a file called 53.04_win9x_english.exe. When i reboot again if i try to run a progran it cant be found and points to another file called wzqkpick.exe.

can anyone help please

Valvegrid 17:45 21 Sep 04

I had a look in Google, all those seem to be connected to different applications. It could be the registry has been corrupted. Try installing an earlier registry.

Switch the computer on and keep tapping the F8 key, go down the menu to start at command prompt and type scanreg/restore or scanreg/ restore, you'll have to try with or without the space depending which works on your computer. Then select an earlier date from the list when the computer was working correctly. Re-boot and see if that works.

recap 18:37 21 Sep 04

Try running System File checker to see what files are missing. To do this click on Start/run and type in SFC. From here you can run the system file checker, have your O/S disc at hand just in case.

Ç̧ÇØ 09:32 23 Sep 04

had to reinstall....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…