WIN 98 Drivers????

The Teacher 19:25 09 Aug 08

I have just had to get my Dad a new mouse. The only one I can get hold of is a USB optical mouse.

My Dad inherited a PC some time ago and it runs WIN 98. He uses it only for Office and games.

The problem is that when I plugged in the mouse the PC asked for the WIN 98 CD to be inserted so it could install the drivers, something my Dad doesn't have. Neither is he connected to the internet.

The mouse comes with no CD of its own. Does anyone have any idea where I can get drivers from?

Thanks

The Teacher

woodchip 19:32 09 Aug 08

Try this it may work, In Control Panel go to Add New Hardware Wizard choose the show all hardware then choose mouse USB its a Hide Mouse you need to load

octal 19:34 09 Aug 08

I doubt very much if you will be able to get drivers for Win 98, what makes it doubly difficult is USB is not natively supported in Win 98.

woodchip 19:36 09 Aug 08

Win98se does support USB Mices, with the driver above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…