Win 98 download ?

Indigo 1 23:29 30 May 05

Can someone tell me if it is possible to download a "clean" and updated copy of Win98 ?

If so where can I find it ?

A friend has given me his PC to see if I can sort it out and I don't think it is worth trying to upgrade it to anything later than W98, he is happy to continue running 98 only he has lost the disc and product key.....So I would like to know where I can get a working (and preferably updated) copy with a useable licence key or indeed if it is possible at all ?

Any advice welcome.

woodchip 23:41 30 May 05

No You need your Wallet

Completealias 23:41 30 May 05

I would think your best bet would be ebay looking throught the listings you can get a full copy with manual+ COA there

User-312386 23:48 30 May 05

click here 16 hours to go

Indigo 1 06:49 31 May 05

Thanks for the responses.

I was under the impression that W98 was now obsolete and so would be available free somewhere. I didn't expect to have to pay £24 + p&p for a copy, so I will ask around some friends to see if any have a spare copy knocking round that is not required anymore.

Cheers

Indy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…