win 98 Desktop

harry_kel 19:52 18 Jun 03

We are visiting our daughter and family in Durham,
N.C. and I am wondering if there is any way to get
my win 98 desktop on my son in law's win 2000 computer screen??!! I have purchased your "PC adisor- Tips and Tricks" while we are on our visit, and I am impatient to try some of the
suggestions that are offered in that issue!!

fitshase 20:44 18 Jun 03

You could use something like WinVNC (click here).

Install it on your machine before you go, start it up (WinVNC Server) and then leave it running while you go to Durham.

When you get to Durham, download the program onto your son in law's computer and run the viewer. Type in the IP address of your computer, enter the password you set and you should connect to your computer at home.

p.s., WinVNC is free

fitshase 20:45 18 Jun 03

I should have mentioned, you should be connected to the net when you are connecting.

If you are on broadband it is no problem, but if you are on a dial-up it is not suitable.

Nellie2 20:45 18 Jun 03

Do you mean your settings and files etc? I really don't think so unless the PC's are networked in some way

Nellie2 20:47 18 Jun 03

fitshase has just proved me wrong........ amazing, you learn something new every day!! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…